Soviet Union Part 2
Supporting the Communists After the Revolution
Supporting the Communists After the Revolution
[Editor’s note: Footnotes in original are omitted.]
Once the Communists consolidated control of Russia, Illuminists of the West began building up the Soviet Union. Following the Bolsheviks capture of Russia, Western banks continued their financial aid. Western industrial magnates came forth to rebuild Russian industry.
To aid in the exploitation of Russia, the American League to Aid and Cooperative with Russia was established in 1918. Dr. Frank J. Goodnow (president of John Hopkins University) was its president. William Boyce Thompson, Oscar S. Straus, James Duncan, and Frederick C. Howe were vice-presidents. George P. Whalen (vice-president of Vacuum Oil Co.) was its treasurer. Representing Congress were Senators William Borah, William N. Calder, Robert L. Owen (chairman of the Banking and Currency Committee), and John S. Williams (Foreign Relations Committee) and Representatives Henry R. Cooper and Henry D. Flood (chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee). Representing business were Henry Ford (Ford Motor Co.), Charles A. Coffin (chairman of General Electric Co.), M.A. Oudin (foreign manager of General Electric Co.), and Daniel Willard (president of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad). Mrs. Raymond Robins (involved with the Soviet Bureau), Henry L. Slobodin (a socialist), and Lincoln Steffens (a Communists) represented the revolutionary element.
The League approved:
a program that emphasized the establishment of an official Russian division in the U.S. government “directed by strong men.” This division would enlist the aid of universities, scientific organizations, and other institutions to study the “Russian question,” would coordinate and unite organizations within the United States “for the safeguarding of Russia,” would arrange for a “special intelligence committee for the investigation of the Russian matter,” and, generally, would itself study and investigate what was deemed to be the “Russian question.”It also endorsed President Wilson’s message to the Soviet congress in Moscow. The League lobbied the United States government to support the Bolshevik regime.
To keep the Bolsheviks in power, Chase National Bank established the American-Russia Chamber of Commerce in 1922. Reeve Schley, a vice-president of Chase National Bank, became its president. The Chamber worked to finance the Soviet Union export and import businesses.
The first American to receive a trading concession from the new Soviet Union was Armand Hammer, who has been called “the Godfather of American corporate corruption.” He began rehabilitating the mines of the Soviet Union and exporting ore to the United States. In 1923 Allied American Corp. was organized to promote trade between the Soviet Union and the United States. Armand Hammer was the corporation’s secretary. His father, Julius Hammer, was its president, and his brother, Victor Hammer, was a director. It represented 38 American firms. The Soviet Union financed it, and its profits were divided equally between the Hammers and the Soviet government. Armand Hammer later acquired a monopoly over pencil and stationery manufacturing in the Soviet Union.
In 1925, Chase National Bank and Equitable Trust Co. worked out a deal with the Soviets to finance the Soviet Union’s raw material exports and its imports of cotton and machinery from the United States.
International Barnsdall Corp., Lucey Manufacturing Co., and others rebuilt the oil fields of the Caucasus in the 1920s. Barnsdall Corp. owned 75 percent of International Barnsdall Corp.; H. Mason Day owned the other 25 percent. Matthew C. Brush, a 32nd degree Freemason, was president of International Barnsdall Corp. W. A. Harriman; Lee, Higginson and Co.; and Guaranty Trust Co. owned Barnsdall Corp. Eugene W. Stetson, vice-president of Guaranty Trust Co., represented Guaranty Trust Co.’s interest. Frederick W. Allen, a member of the Skull and Bones, represented Lee, Higginson and Co.’s interest.
After the Soviets promised to give Standard Oil of New Jersey, a Rockefeller company, half the oil production of the Caucasus, Standard Oil built a refinery in 1927 in the Soviet Union. The Rockefellers also profited further from the Russian oil through Vacuum Oil, another Rockefeller company. Vacuum Oil had the contract to sell Russian oil in Europe. In 1935, when Stalin expropriated many foreign investments in Russia, he did not bother Standard Oil.
Harriman was also instrumental in rebuilding Russia’s manganese industry. For this purpose, he formed the Georgian Manganese Co. in 1923 with Brush as chairman. Later the Soviet government “expropriated” Harriman’s manganese operation and gave him Soviet bonds as compensation.
During the 1920s, Guaranty Trust Co., International Harvester Co., New York Life, and Vacuum Oil were the primary companies doing business with the Soviets. J. P. Morgan, Jr. and John D. Rockefeller had controlling interest in these firms.
In 1922, Herbert Hoover, as Secretary of Commerce and a Rothschild agent, worked with Guaranty Trust Co. to form a partnership with the State Bank in Moscow. The resulting partnership led to the formation of the first Soviet international bank, Ruskombank (Russian Commercial Bank) in 1922. Aschberg was its head. Max May, a vice-president of Guaranty Trust Co., became the head of its foreign department. (May, a close friend of Aschberg, was associated with the Bolshevik Revolution and German espionage during World War I.) Making up its board of directors were representatives of American, German, and Swedish banks, plus Soviet officials and czarist private banks. The major source of capital for Ruskombank came from Great Britain. In return, the Soviet government granted the foreign banking consortium that backed Ruskombank extensive concessions in Russia. Ruskombank’s primary function was facilitating the Soviet Union’s foreign trade, securing loans in foreign countries for the Soviet Union, and bringing foreign capital into the Soviet Union. Guaranty Trust Co. was its representative in the United States. In 1924, Ruskombank became part of the Soviet foreign-trade commissariat, and Aschberg was dismissed.
Many other American companies helped to build and maintain the Soviet Union during the 1930s and 1940s. General Electric built a large turbine manufacturing plant. Universal Oil Products, Badger Corp., Lummus Co., and Kelly Co. built petroleum refineries. United Engineering and Foundry Co. built a steel rolling mill, and Tube Reducing Co. built a tube mill. Radio Corp. of America provided technology and equipment to update and expand radio communication. Ford Motor Co., A.J. Brandt Co., Austin Co., and General Electric built the Soviet truck manufacturing industry. Among the firms providing the Soviet Union machine tools were TRW, Inc. (steering linkages), U.S. Industries (presses), Gleason Works (gear-cutting and heat-treating equipment), New Britain Machine Co. (automatic lathes), Lake Erie Engineering Corp. (hydraulic presses to form metal aircraft sections), Birdsboro Steel Foundry and Machine Co. (hydraulic presses for aircraft manufacturing), and Wallace Supplies Manufacturing Co. (bending machines). Hercules Powder Co. provided technical assistance needed to produce the components of explosives. Nitrogen Engineering Corp. gave the Soviet Union synthetic nitrogen technology, which could be used to make fertilizer or explosives. Du Pont provided nitric acid plants (nitric acid is used in manufacturing munitions). Glenn L. Martin Co. designed a bomber for the Soviets. Seversky Aircraft Corp. furnished the technology and plants needed to build amphibian aircraft. This company also designed and sold the Soviet Union bombers that were superior to any existing at that time. Other aircraft companies involved in building up the Soviet air force in the 1930s were Vultee Aircraft Division of Aviation Manufacturing Corp., which built a fighter aircraft plant, and Douglas Aircraft Co., which provided the technology for the Soviet’s transport aircraft. Standard Oil of New York supplied the designs and technology needed to build a sulfuric acid alkylation plant, which is used as an octane booster in gasoline and in making aviation lubricating oils.
The Germans were also important actors in building up the Soviet Union. In the early 1920s and late 1930s, Germany provided the Soviet Union with both armaments and training. Germany built factories in the Soviet Union to produce aircraft, artillery, and other war materiel. (These factories would later produce weapons that the Soviets would use against the Germans during World War II until massive supplies began arriving from the United States.)
When Lenin died, most people expected Trotsky to succeed him. However, violent disagreement between Trotsky and Stalin erupted. Stalin wanted to make the Soviet Union a strong socialist country before exporting the communist revolutions abroad. Trotsky argued that the Bolshevik Revolution could only survive if it were immediately exported to other countries. Trotsky wanted “permanent revolution.” Stalin wanted “socialism in one country” first. Thus, occurred the struggle between two great communist strategies. “Trotsky the cosmopolitan, messianic, Jewish figure-head, set against Stalin, the Asiatic, the man of steel, the cold, implacable agent of Soviet imperialism.” Stalin eventually prevailed. Trotsky fled Russia and was assassinated in 1940. Stalin went on to kill the remaining Bolsheviks of the old guard and to oppress Jews in the Soviet Union. (Thus, like most other people of the Soviet Union, Jews without influence were now worse off than they were under the Czars.)
In 1933, when the Soviet Union seemed to be on the verge of failing, Franklin Roosevelt gave it a major political victory by giving it diplomatic recognition. This diplomatic recognition brought greater access to money and credit.
The Communist remained in power in Soviet Union only because of continuous funds from Western banks and Western governments. Among the Western Banks financing the Soviet Union and Communism were Chase National Bank, Guaranty Trust Co., and Kuhn, Loeb and Co. Western banks financed Stalin’s Five Year Plans. The true headquarters of Communism was, and remains, in New York City.
The Soviet Union was a fiction established by the Illuminists, financed by their banks, built and maintained by their multinational corporations, and supported by the American taxpayer. Its purpose was to loot the Romanovs, the Russian people, and other nations of the Russian Empire. It also facilitated illuministic control of the West, especially the United States during the Cold War. Illuminism feeds on war. The Soviet Union served the vital purpose of instigating and supplying wars across the planet. (The United States usually supplied and controlled the other side to ensure that it would not defeat the Communists.) Thus, the people of the West were given a common enemy although the Illuminists controlled the governments of the West and the Soviet Union. Constant strife caused people in the West to live in fear of a conflict escalating into war. This psychological stress conditioned many to enslave themselves freely for world peace. Furthermore, the threat of war with the Soviet Union transferred enormous wealth to the Illuminists as the West continuously prepared for war with Communism and the Soviet Union. It led to pessimism, despair, and hopelessness, which led to a declining Aryan birthrate. (Now the Aryan birthrate is below the replacement rate; thus, the Aryan people are on their way to extinction—the ultimate goal of Illuminism.) The existence of the Soviet Union eased the movement of the West toward socialism and statism in the name of fighting Communism. People were tricked into surrendering their liberties to the state to defeat Communism. The Bolshevik revolution, Communism, and the Soviet Union were a charade to increase the power and wealth of the Illuminists.
1. Antony C. Sutton, Wall Street and the Bolshevik Revolution (Morley, Western Australia: Veritas Publishing Company Pty., Ltd., 1981), p. 155.
2. Dennis L. Cuddy, The Globalists: The Power Elite Exposed (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Hearthstone Publishing, 2001), p. 254.
3. William P. Hoar, Architect of Conspiracy: An Intriguing History (Belmont, Massachusetts: Western Islands, 1984), p. 173.
4. Vicomte Leon de Poncins, Freemasonry and the Vatican: A Struggle for Recognition (Translator Timothy Tindal-Roberston. London, England: Briton Publishing Co., 1968), p. 102.
Copyright © 2009 by Thomas Coley Allen.
Part 1, Part 3
More articles on history.